"Good thing you can do this kind of work."
And I can shovel shit for days.
The deterioration is in my spine.
After a while the nerves in your hands die
and you can't feel anything
in the orbit of the daily sun
you are that much closer to an eclipse
of the brain, an aneurism, a stroke,
perhaps an infection through your rotting wisdom
teeth [insurance you will die before the doctor]
will bring knowledge to the city hall.
When the pearly whites of your mouth crumble
into dross, chip the slag off of your welders forearm.
Every piece of bread becomes hard like stone,
[the hand-me-down of Christ].
It would't be the first time I have been gazed upon
like I was an animal.
The Spectacle man-handling a great wooden crate.
The Great bubble of cultural capital is golden.
I can see it from the hills, a fool am I
to look in [I'm looking in].
I make movements like a wild animal.
The Saint Joe river valley is a zoo.
Three generations after a Hungarian immigrant
stepped foot on U.S. soil and my American Dream candle
can't even hold a light to your [I]rish Green.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Quite a departure from your normal style lately. I dig it. The usage of teeth deteriorating is used often, but works great here without seeming cliche.
Thank you, Mr. Stump, for stopping in to read.
Post a Comment