Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm new to blogging. Are you?

The article featured in The Observer titled "The World's 50 Most Powerful Blogs" is a good place to start for anyone new to blogging (myself included). The sites mentioned in the article are a good example of just how creative and affective a well-written blog can be. Lets take a look at 3 of my favorites.

The blog that engages my attention the most is called "Icanhascheezburger." This site contains pictures of cats doing funny and outrageous things. The pictures include silly captions that explain the picture in a comic way. There is a function that allows visitors of the site to upload their own pictures with captions. I was so entertained by this site that I decided to upload a funny picture of my own kitten. This site shows how photos can generate an array of interesting and creative language.

Another blog that I like is called "Engadget." This is an informative blog about hi-tech gadgetry. The blog features reviews of the most recent and innovative technologies and devices. Being informed of new technology helps me to stay on top of the digital mountain. I will soon be in the market for a new T.V. and I may have to give this site a visit before I make a purchase.

Finally, as a person new to blogging I feel a need to be guided through the blogosphere. "Copyblogger" is a site that aids in doing this. The site is full of ideas to help the beginner and expert blogger generate ideas for their blogs. Chances are, no one is going to visit your blog if the content is not entertaining, informative, or useful in some way. "Copyblogger" helps you create content that will make your blog successful. I like "Copyblogger," because it gives me direction and insight into the art of blogging.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

I feel I have to say it: Your kitten is absolutely adorable!