Finding new ways to approach a poem, novel, or short story expands my ability to think creatively, generate new ideas, and accomplish my goals. I could care less about writing the "great American novel" (mostly, because I prefer creating shorter works). I am more interested in new ways of expression and pushing the boundaries of the intricate microcosmic structure that makes up the English language. I do not care much for rules when it comes to creative writing. This does not mean that I abandon the formal elements of textual expression. I embody them to the greatest extent.
This blog is not only for people who are interested in creative writing. It is a blog about art and creative expression. This blog is for anyone looking to expand their view of life and everything that it encompasses. I am tapping into energy sources in order to break free of a strict cycle of redundancy and enter an ever-changing world where everything is as new as the first breath of life.
The Sub-Ethereal Vivarium is the interconnectedness of all things. There are no rules here. I am trying to accomplish something.

4 comments:
Nicely done. You've managed to paint a sort of picture with your words. The animals help to paint a sort of surreal picture, especially considering the black background they are set against. You've also made very clear the passion you have for writing. I really look forward to seeing what you have to write and how you express yourself here.
Your blog has a great tableaux of colors,and I love the title, especially the part about being under ether, but what does vivarium mean? I had two years of Latin and don't remember it, although I speculate it means something along the lines of 'lifehouse, 'lifeplace,'? Your blog looks like a great way to generate ideas for creative writing, and the fact that it exists outside of academic boudaries is refreshing and freeing.
The idea to use your blog as an outlet for your creative writing is a very good idea. I am very interesting in creative writing as well, so any tips or prompts you post will hopefully encourage me to write as well. Good use of language. Strong start!
Being able to write creatively is something that I probably will never be able to do due to how I wired my brain over the last fifteen years. I have spent the last six years of my life burying my brain into logic and the theories of math and science Because of this, I very much admire your love and creativity in writing, and encourage you to break the known rules as much as you can.
Post a Comment