Friday, January 2, 2009

Starin’ at the Moon like a Common Loon


The giant panda shines on the surface of the lake

The pufferfish smears red paint on the canvas of the sky

The porcupine understands why some stars die

And why some stars live forever

The wolf loves the wild turkey kisses of the moonlight

The lionfish lives in a bowl full of nuts

And the clownfish resent statements like the later

“you can’t kid a kidder”

The giant clam is the loudest of them all

Swim

Little baby swim

Swim little

Baby

Brine shrimp

Penguins are decent animals

Perhaps I’m a decent person

Orion, make me feel like a polar bear again

I can breathe better in icy water

And in the mountains

Snow leopards brush against my face

Cutting a path in the brilliant white

I float on a dream pillow

So that I don’t have to swim for my life

It’s a religious boxing match with the champions of science

I prefer to ignore it (the fighting)

It makes the other animals leave

I speak with the body

And attack with the soul

The shadows make me feel silly

I don’t need these jaws

Or these claws to communicate

Animals know how to find inspiration elsewhere

No comments: