Thursday, March 28, 2013
Megabytes
Sometimes I forget
chapters of my life.
I might dwell on
when my friend Eric
and I pushed each other
downtown in a box
mounted to a skateboard.
Everyone drank Coke
out of glass bottles.
For a moment,
all I can remember
is the glass bottles
and the grimy
back alleyways,
my bare feet
black as the streets
and hard like leather.
Then, it dawns on me
how ten years later
I dug a pit beneath
a twisted old pine bush
and traded in my freshman
year of high school
for something closer to earth.
I built a lot of fires
and spent more time with animals.
I felt more centered
in the star map of night.
Then, I remember
the summer of 2006.
I took my video camera
everywhere and documented everything.
When you crashed your Mustang
I just stared at the stars
until I forgot every chapter
we ever lived together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment